Monday, January 21, 2013

Needlepoint Clock Make-Over





I snagged this needlepoint clock at the thrift store for about $5.  Here's what it looked like when I brought it home:

Dull, brown frame, broken hand, and I'm pretty sure the clock mechanism probably didn't work (I didn't have the right type of battery to check it).

For barely more than the cost of a battery, I bought a new clock kit from Hobby Lobby, although I was able to re-use the hands.  Then the frame got a few coats of bright white paint.  

7 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love all the colorful flowers. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embroidering work! Lovely colors!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, the white paint did wonders for the frame! I absolutely love this little needlepoint clock. I have never seen anything like it before...to cute! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great.
    A small note - it is embroidery, not needlepoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! the white frame makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great find! I have always wanted to try the clock works on something--Nice to know they are easy to do

    ReplyDelete